Spectra is claiming to have learned lessons from their safety record they previously repeatedly claimed they were not familiar with.
Josh Rhoden reported for WALB 3 and 4 March 2014, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission holds pipeline hearing,
“Some of the concerns that would be more imminent to citizens in the area would be property value,” said Guenevere Perry.
Critics say Spectra energy, one of the companies involved in the project, has had three major explosions in Oklahoma, Canada, and Nebraska. But Andrea Grover with the Sabal Trail Project insists spectra has a good track record.
So now she’s familiar with Spectra’s safety record after for months she wasn’t? When did Spectra learn all these lessons, and when did they apply them? Would you buy a used pipeline from such a company, or a new one, for that matter?
- Tackle the Pipeline at the Root: Alabama FERC Scoping Meetings; Seale, Alexander City, or Butler Alabama, 10,11,12 March 2014.
- Videos: Moultrie FERC Scoping Meeting @ FERC 2014-03-05
- Colquitt County passes pipeline minimum depth resolution
- Videos: Valdosta FERC Scoping Meeting @ FERC 2014-03-04
- VDT redacted Sabal Trail pipeline FERC Scoping Meeting story @ FERC 2014-03-04
- A hundred against the Sabal Trail pipeline in Albany
- Sabal Trail same old at Albany FERC Scoping Meeting
- Sabal Trail interrogated in Gilchrist County, Florida @ GCC 2014-02-20