Lee County, Alabama, home of the cities of Opelika and Auburn,
plus Auburn University, got active about that proposed Sabal Trail gas pipeline way back in May.
- 2013-05-27: Commission to hear proposal on regional pipeline, by Drew Taylor, Opelika-Auburn News.
- 2013-05-28: Ala. Officials Consider Natural Gas Pipeline Plan, AP.
- 2013-05-28: Alabama officials consider natural gas pipeline plan by Stephanie Wilson, ABC 13, WSET-TV, Lynchburg, Danville, Roanoke Virginia.
- 2013-05-28: Sabal Trail packet on Lee County Alabama agenda 28 May 2013.
Lee County Commissioners discuss natural gas pipeline proposal
by Christina Kleehammer and
Lee County Commissioner Robert Ham expressed that his concern is the safety of the citizens there, and the impact it’s going to have on them.
The 2010 natural gas pipeline explosion in San Bruno, California, which left eight people dead, is an example of why the idea of this project is unsettling to some.
- 2013-05-30: Pipelines, lower-cost road surfaces among discussion topics at county commission, by Fred Woods, Editor, Opelika Observer.