County and city resolutions against the Sabal Trail pipeline, and letters from local and state elected officials opposing it.
- 2014-03-03: Property rights and water: please deny the Sabal Trail methane pipeline –Tim Carroll, Valdosta City Council, 5th District
- 2014-03-04: Colquitt County, GA Resolution 2014-R-6 asking for five foot top cover (PDF)
- 2014-04-04: Brooks County, GA Resolution asking for five foot top cover; see Minutes.
- 2014-04-21: Groveland, FL, Resolution No. 2014-04-06.
Hamilton County, FL Resolution No. 14-10 asking to move the pipeline off the Withlacoochee River (PDF)
And Sabal Trail changed their route to move off the Withlacoochee River.
- 2014-09-23: FL State Rep. Elizabeth Porter (District 10) objects to FERC about Sabal Trail pipeline in karst limestone
- 2014-10-27: Dougherty County, GA Resolution 14-019 (PDF)
- 2014-10-28: City of Albany, GA Resolution 14-R 175 (PDF)
- 2014-11-14: Find that Sabal Trail has not met its burden to show the pipeline is needed —GA Rep. Winfred Dukes, District 154, Dougherty County
- 2014-11-18: I am opposed to Sabal Trail’s Alternative —GA Rep. Gerald Greene, District 151, Terrell County
- 2014-12-05: Terrell County, GA Resolution (PDF) 2014-12-09:
- Lowndes County, GA Resolution passed unanimously 9 December 2014 (PDF)
- 2014-12-11: City of Valdosta, GA Resolution 2014-23 passed passed 11 December 2014 (PDF)
- 2015-01-07: No eminent domain for water-threatening unnecessary Sabal Trail pipeline —GA Rep. Dexter Sharper District 177, Valdosta, Lowndes County.
- 2015-04-07: A RESOLUTION OPPOSING THE SABAL TRAIL TRANSMISSION, LLC NATURAL GAS PIPELINE AS SAID PIPELINE TRAVERSES THE CITY OF MOULTRIE, COLQUITT COUNTY AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
- 2015-05-29: Sanford Bishop, U.S. Congress, Georgia District 2, to FERC:
“I believe that FERC should deny STT’s application for a Certificate of Public Necessity.”
- 2015-07-20: Do not allow Sabal to profit at the expense of thousands of people in our region –Winfred J. Dukes, GA House District 154
- 2015-07-20: Extend the Sabal Trail comment period for up to 90 days –Albany, GA to FERC
- 2015-07-20: Bad new compressor location, and need 90 days more comment period –Dougherty County Commission to FERC
Call to Action by State Representative Darrel Bush Ealum,
I encourage you to contact your state senator and your local state legislators immediately, as time is of the essence, and ask them to join me in my effort to protect our beloved Georgia.
Sabal Trail is a reckless proposal –GA State Senator Sims to FERC
The Sabal Pipeline proposed location is a “reckless” proposal that negates the health and safety of current and future residents of Dougherty County / Albany, Georgia. Many of the residents in this part of the United States of America live below the poverty line. When these kinds of negative environmental proposals are made, the residents, again, feel abandoned and marginalized by a government that was elected to protect “the least among us”! Officials that are charged with these decisions are also viewed as insensitive and empowered to place these kinds of projects in neighborhoods that have long since been written off as non-essential “collateral damage”!
Four Congress members demand Sabal Trail move off of Albany, GA
The statement in FERC’s DEIS that the compressor station would not be located in an environmental justice community is not correct.
Sanford D. Bishop, Jr., Member of Congress
John Lewis, Member of Congress
Henry C. “Hank” Johnson, Jr., Member of Congress
David Scott, Member of Congress
- 2015-11-17: Suwannee County, FL Resolution to move Sabal Trail’s Hildreth Compressor Station
- 2016-01-26: Videos: Sold out to Sabal Trail @ LCC 2016-01-26
- 2016-01-27: Lowndes County Commission should represent people, not pipeline —WWALS to WCTV
- 2016-02-15: Colquitt County Commission files with FERC letter supporting Sabal Trail, including without source economic claims from Sabal Trail, and getting them wildly wrong.
- 2016-03-15: Hamilton County, FL vote to send letter to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers asking for site visit and investigation of Sabal Trail discrepancies.
- 2016-04-05: Suwannee County, FL vote to send letter to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers asking for site visit and investigation of Sabal Trail discrepancies.
- 2016-04-20: BOC Chairman: Sabal Trail vote not endorsement, Michael Praats, Valdosta Daily Times.
- 2016-05-03: Marion County asks USACE for a SEIS for Sabal Trail
- 2016-07-18: Madison County, FL asks USACE for a SEIS and the USACE response.