Filed with FERC 22 November 2013:
Elaine Mercer, Valdosta, GA.
My husband and I are adamantly opposed to the pipeline which is proposed to run through our property for a variety of reasons including:
Please help us save our land and our community by blocking this pipeline.
- Safety concerns-Spectra Energy has a very questionable safety record with a history of fines by the EPA for leaks and multiple explosions;
- We already have one gas pipeline on our property and believe that we should not be required to basically give up control of even more of our personal property for which we have worked hard to purchase and maintain for yet another pipeline which will further limit the use of our property;
- Our property value would be negatively affected by up 50%;
- Financial-a one time payment is nowhere near adequate for permanent damage, especially when FPL and Spectra would continue to profit forever;
- This pipeline would be of no benefit either to our local community or state.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Elaine and Jerry Mercer
How to comment with FERC.