The Lowndes County Commission promised to ask Spectra Energy questions citizens submitted. They failed. They meet again 5:30 PM tonight at their Regular Session:
327 North Ashley Street, 2nd Floor
Valdosta, GA 31601
If you want to speak in Citizens Wishing to Be Heard you need to turn in this form before the meeting starts. They usually have copies at the door of the Commission Chambers, but if there’s a big crowd they might run out, so you can print your own beforehand.
There will be protesters out front starting at 4:30 PM.
Here’s a roundup of local blog, TV, and newspaper coverage:
- Matthew Woody wrote across the top of the front page of the Valdosta Daily Times 10 December 2013, Sabal Trail presents at County Commission work session
John S. Quarterman wrote for LAKE 9 December 2013,
Spectra Sales Pitch, Nothing about Nottinghill, etc. @ LCC 2013-12-09
Includes videos of the entire Lowndes County Commission meeting.
- John S. Quarterman wrote for LAKE 9 December 2013, 90 percent approval? Larry Rodgers doubts that @ LCC 2013-12-09
- Winnie Anne Wright for WCTV 9 December 2013, Sabal Trail Addresses Lowndes County Commission
- John S. Quarterman wrote for LAKE 9 December 2013, Frack Off Spectra, We Want Solar @ LCC 2013-12-09
- John S. Quarterman wrote for LAKE 9 December 2013, A huge impact on land values, not to mention the safety factor –Larry Rodgers on WALB @ LCC 2013-12-09
- Robert Hydrick wrote for WALB 9 December 2013 Sabal Trail gives information on pipeline project